Pod 3 and 4– Thursday and Friday beginning Thursday 25th June
Your child has been placed in either Pod 3 or 4 and their days in school will be a Thursday and Friday until the end of term.
We look forward to welcoming your Reception child back to school on Thursday 25th June. To ensure that the transition back to school is as smooth as possible, I have some information that I would like you to share with your child.
- One parent only per child to arrive at 9.00 am and follow the 2m mark footsteps along the footpath to the playground, please do not arrive early as we are trying to avoid congestion on the pathways.
- Escort your child to one of the coloured spots on lower school playground.
- Your child’s pod teacher will come out to meet them and call their name. Your child will be placed into a pod. ( 5 children per pod)
- The children will then follow the 2m footprints into school
- Someone will take his or her temperature.
- As they enter school, they will sanitise their hands before entering their new classroom.
- They will have their own desk and resources, so they do not need to bring in anything from home- except for their own disposable packed lunch- unless you require a school packed lunch ( please contact the school office to arrange)
- Please do not bring in a water bottle, unless it is disposable.
- Don’t forget a jumper as the windows in the classroom will be open.
- Don’t forget a coat – it may rain.
- At the end of the day- 2.45pm, parents must wait on a coloured spot and the pod teacher will send children out 1 by 1.
As you can imagine a lot of thought and consideration has been put into the safe opening of school. We want this time to be as enjoyable as possible, whilst also maintaining the highest levels of safety. We endeavour to keep you fully informed at all times of any changes that may need to take place. We are (as previously stated) reviewing risk assessments and Government guidance daily. Below is a list of information regarding the opening of school to Reception children.
- Your child must attend school each day, as we will be monitoring attendance for those who have requested a place.
- If you or anyone in your household display any COVID19 symptoms, you must isolate and follow Government guidance and inform school of test results.
- If your child becomes unwell at school and they have displayed COVID 19 symptoms we will inform you immediately and your child will need to be collected. We will then require you to request a Government test and notify school of the results. Your child will not be able to return to school until the results have been received.
- Please familiarise yourself with the – positive behaviour policy- amendments that can be found on our school website.
- We will be teaching your child how to maintain the highest levels of hygiene; please can you help us with this by demonstrating and discussing this at home (as I am sure you already do.)
- Uniforms will not be required, as we need children in clean clothes each day.
- At 2.45 , please stand on a coloured spot and wait for your child to be sent to you ( only one adult permitted)
- If you have any concerns during this time, please ring school to discuss, as we will be unable to allow you into the school building.
- Please remember when exiting the school playground, both morning and afternoon, to observe the 2m social distance markings until you reach Stain drop Drive. It is essential that you arrive on time to avoid crossing on a very narrow path.
We look forward to welcoming your child back into school and although different, we will endeavour to make this time as enjoyable as possible. Thankyou as always for your continued support.