As I am sure you are all aware, tomorrow marks the 75th anniversary of VE day. In light of this we thought you might like some ideas for little activities to do with your little ones.
Please find the link to a selection of resources. Some of them will require a printer but there is also free access to an information power point file with images and pictures to help the children understand what VE day was and its importance in History.
Alternatively you could…
– make some typically British food or drinks e.g. scones and tea!
– or go one step further and design, plan and make your very own VE Day afternoon tea with scones, cakes and sandwiches.
– dress up in red, white and blue clothing.
– design you own pattern of red, white and blue bunting or Union Jack bunting to decorate your house with.
– design your own Union Jack flag- looking closely at the shapes and patterns you need to draw.
– can you practise counting to 75? Or write the number 75
We hope you have a lovely long weekend and enjoy the sunshine & celebrations.
Mrs Kennedy & Mrs Minter