Mrs Donkanha, Mrs Emms, and Mrs Kirby welcome you to Year 3!
Over the year, we cover the following topics:
Gods and Mortals:
The children have the opportunity to learn all about the Ancient Greeks.
• Research the Greek Gods and Goddesses
• Learn about daily life in Ancient Greece
• Experience some of the sports from the Ancient Greek Olympics
• Compare their lifestyle to that of the Ancient Greeks
The children explore their local area – Middlesbrough.
• Research and emulate local artists such as Mackenzie Thorpe
• Use the medium of art to create images of local landmarks
• Explore what the local area offers its residents and visitors
This topic allows children to find out all about how chocolate is made.
• Research the journey of a Cocoa bean
• Look at a balanced diet and why it is so important
• Visit York’s Chocolate Story to deepen and consolidate our knowledge
Children learn all about volcanoes around the world, what causes them and the devastation they can bring.
• Explore the world’s most famous volcanoes and look at the Ring of Fire
• Discover how volcanoes erupt and the causes
• Investigate different types of rocks and their properties.
During this topic, children explore the world of forces!
• explore the properties of a range of materials
• discover the artistic properties of metals and what they can produce